- (Moist Dog studio)
- Release date:
29th July 2022
£3.99 / €3.99 / $4.99
- GODUMAS is a co-op horror game where you and your friends need to escape a dangerous island using your wits. Solve location based puzzles, search for hidden items, find and use hints to learn the locations of possible escapes and defend yourself from monsters and cultists… before you are sacrificed.
- Co-op: Play with up to 4 friends, explore the island, use teamwork to solve location based puzzles and escape the island. Communicate with your friend using ingame chat, but remember to whisper because enemies can hear you.
- Teamwork: Use teamwork to find out your current location because the map does not show your location. Hints do not show up to all players, only to the one that picked it up, so communication is important.
- Replayability: Over 500 unique item spawn locations, so every game feels different. Every time you start a new game your group is spawned at one of three possible spawn locations.
- Enemies with unique behaviors: 4 enemy types that have different ways that they attack you. Enemies that can hurt you will always try to attack you from the side, so when faced with more than one enemy it leads to some scary scenarios.
- Stealth: Sometimes it's better to avoid enemies. You can throw rocks to distract enemies, hide in bushes or just sneak, because when the enemy is agro it actively searches for you until they calm down.
- Scalable difficulty: More players equals more enemies, more items, more treasure, more fun. Solo or full party the game is balanced to be fair. Unless you will play on insane difficulty.
- Customizable gameplay difficulty: Play how you wanna play. There are 8 difficulty values that can be changed. Enemy AI, enemy count, spawned item count, spawned default item count, spawned hint count, trader count in the island, spawned treasure count, show/hide item outline and indicator.
- Environmental storytelling: After one horrible night the island became frozen in time when most of the residents were killed. Only one man escaped. His escape story and the stories of the island are told via the environment.
- One night out partying your group of friends bump into a strange guy in your local city port bar. After buying him a few drinks, he starts telling stories. One of those stories was about a rich isolated island where he once lived, but a horrible event took place one night and he had to run for his life. No one believed him. After some harassing and name calling the stranger would reveal the location of the mysterious island.
- Of course, the smartest decision was to get on your dad’s boat and visit the island. Near the mysterious island everything goes south when the ship sails into a storm. You and your friends are transported to the mysterious island. The boat is no longer seaworthy and at first sight, it looks like you are stranded for the time being. After moving more inland you understand that something is very wrong with this place. It looks like it is infested with strange humanoid creatures and cultist types.
- The island that was once an isolated, but bustling religious land with villages, shops, local mining and lumber industry, now stands abandoned and forgotten with strange creatures and occult members running around.
Logos & backgrounds
About the creator
- A graphic designer from Lithuania with a dream to become a game developer and open an indie game development studio that will focus mainly on creating fun and addictive multiplayer/co-op games.
- I have been learning game development for the last 5 years. I started developing my first game in 2018. I worked on it rarely and started working on it more at the end of 2019. I saw this project as a test of my abilities and if I can even create a working game. After releasing my first project in 2020 I realized that I was ready to develop a real game. After one dropped project, that was about a hero based creature hunter, I scraped almost everything and started work on my second idea about where you and your group need to escape an island while being hunted by a creature.
- Two years later I present to you my first real game, Godumas. All the models, animations and game mechanics are created from scratch by me.